A Curriculum for Social & Emotional Learning
A thoughtful curriculum for young children through School Age to help children develop their own ‘Positive Personal Power’. This curriculum supports the development of a positive learning environment where all children contribute to the well-being of the ‘community’. The development of ‘Positive Personal Power’ is a key factor in preventing bullying behavior.
Components addressed to help children develop ‘Positive Personal Power’ include:
• Positive self-esteem
• Membership in a group
• Communication skills such as listening and the power of language
• Strategies for solving conflicts
• Practicing respect and responsibility for ourselves, towards others, and our environment
• Positive decision making strategies
• Recognizing, respecting, and celebrating diversity
• Commitment to civic responsibility and service learning
This 500 page curriculum includes 10 Units that cover these important components, incorporating specific Units of Study from the Early Learning Success curriculum.
The Early Learning Success Units are:
- Being A Friend
- I Can Do It!
- My Family
- Gifts from the Heart
- Elmer the Patchwork Elephant Book Unit
- Peace Keepers
- Happy Hearts
- Best Foot Forward
- Stewards of the Heart