Plan a picnic and see how much the children enjoy it … well, maybe not the bugs!
- Baskets packed with your favorite foods …..
- A blanket spread out jussst right …..
- Sunshine and gentle breezes …..
- And of course, the ants (and other bugs) have found the way! …..
Picnics are a time for sharing and to enjoy the great outdoors with family and friends.
Picnics are just part of summer fun! Many communities and families have picnics to celebrate special summer days or events. Nothing beats a picnic in the middle of winter or a rainy day either. This Unit of Study provides hands-on activities, for children to:
- Creatively use language to develop a ‘word quilt’
- Explore how families and communities celebrate with picnics
- Make their own picnic basket out of a shoebox