Reposted from February 2017 – Enjoy!
The more you take care of yourself, the more you are able to give to the children in your care. When you feel good and are well rested, you are able to: be patient with children, no matter what they spill!; rejoice in their accomplishment, big and not so big; and have the energy to provide activities that really address the developmental needs of the children in your care.
Here are some great recipes to sit back and just relax – all of us need a little rejuvenation once in a while.
Peace of Mind Bath Salts Recipe
- 2 cup fine grain sea salt
- 3 tablespoons dendritic salt (very fine-grained salt)
- ½ teaspoon Rosemary essential oil
- ½ teaspoon Geranium essential oil
- ¼ teaspoon Orange essential oil
- 1/8 teaspoon Spearmint essential oil
- In a large bowl, add the Rosemary, Geranium, Orange & Spearmint essential oil to the dendritic salt. Blend well until the aromatic oil is absorbed by the dendritic salt.
- Add the sea salt and blend it well until the scent is distributed evenly throughout the recipe
- Your bath salts are done and ready for packaging
Note: Best to use a stainless steel bowl or glass mixing bowl to blend the ingredient.
** You might also try this with Epsom salts instead of the dendritic and sea salt.
Lavender- Honey Milk Bath
- 3 tablespoons dried Lavender flowers*
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, cream, or combination
- 1/3 cup Honey
- Process lavender flowers in a blender until they become a powder, turning off the blender and scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Whisk together lavender powder, milk and honey in a glass bowl, then pour into a jar.
- Before each use, shake the jar and pour half of the mixture into the bath. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Makes enough for 2 baths.
** Dried lavender flowers can be found in the spice section of gourmet and specialty stores.
Tub Time Tea
- 1 teabag of your favorite green tea
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Prepare warm tea as instructed on package and pour into large tea cup.
- Add sugar and honey.
- If desired, add ice to tea or leave hot.
- Place mint on top and use the cinnamon as a stir stick.
Notes: This is a refreshing hot or cold tea to make on stressful days and enjoyed in a tub with lots of bubbles.
Simple Foot Massage
You will need a sock and about 100 marbles Instructions
- Tie a knot in toe end of the sock
- Put the marbles in the open end
- Tie another knot in that end as well
- Hold the knotted ends and run your foot back and forth over the ‘marble-d’ sock … ahhhhh