Spring is the time to look for our feathered friends
Birds are all around us – no matter where we live! Learning how to look for birds, and recording the types we see can become a life-long hobby.
- How do different birds fly and walk in different ways?
- What do birds eat with their beaks?
- Why do birds have feathers and lay eggs?
Investigating these questions help children learn about birds.
There are many activities that help children ‘experience’ birds. Through hands-on activities, children:
- Learn about the different types of bird beaks
- Paint with feathers and plastic egg shells
- Crack eggs and make scrambled eggs or omelets
- Make our national bird – the bald eagle
Learning about birds will instill a love of bird watching, which is an activity that can be done all year long.